Brad and Dan begin by discussing the brand new survey data from Pew Religion and PRRI about faith, politics, and American values. Dan brings up the numbers on how many people think the USA is a Christian nation and what that means. Brad discusses the high number of Christians who think that patriotism is an important part of faith – and why that feeds Christian nationalism on an everyday level.
After the break, Dan brings up the PRRI data that shows how many Americans think the country has been a force for good in the world without exception. Brad talks about how White Christians, according to the data, see newcomers to the country as a threat to it. They finish by discussing the 50 point divide in how Republicans and Democrats feel about the “femininity” of American society.
In the final segment, Brad brings up how Trump, Tucker Carlson, and local offiicals are setting the stage to cast doubt on the election results in the state – and fuel the fire for another violent political event.
Join us at the SWAJ Live Event: https://www.bradonishi.com/nationalism/
We have in-person tickets at 50% off – use SWAJ50 (limited number available)
We have virtual tickets at 50% off – use SWAJ50 (limited number available)
- Pre-Order Brad’s new book: https://www.amazon.com/Preparing-War-Extremist-Christian-Nationalism/dp/1506482163
- For access to the full Orange Wave series, click here: https://irreverent.supportingcast.fm/products/the-orange-wave-a-history-of-the-religious-right-since-1960
- To Donate: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BradleyOnishi
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/straightwhiteamericanjesus
- SWAJ Apparel is here! https://straight-white-american-jesus.creator-spring.com/listing/not-today-uncle-ron
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Support our show by becoming a premium member! https://swaj.supportingcast.fm